Sunday, February 8, 2009

sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...

I can not begin to share with you how happy I am today...it is 71 degrees in February! Seriously, I get to shed my turtleneck collection for a day and enjoy the heat.

I know, there are some of you out there that wish that you could see snow, but I should tell you that if you want snow- move to Ohio. I have friends there that would like to ship some snow your way. They weep when I tell them that we have had above freezing temperatures for more than a day. They talk of snow drifts and icy roads, and I just to rely on my memory remember what those look like. And on days like today, I do not think about global warming or how it is possible that I might not see real snow this year, but how I am like Goldilocks and enjoy weather not too hot and not too cold, but just right...


I was so happy with the weather today that I forgot that I am caspar the friendly ghost and wore a tank top to brunch. There is nothing better than yummy brunch on a deck in the sunshine, and the mimosas were just the cherry on top of my sunday(e). I do have an issue with how mimosas are served at some places.

Mimosas should not be served in pint glasses. Ever. An even greater sin is when they are served in a pint glass with ice. Seriously, you are messing with greatness, and this practice needs to stop now. I know some great brunch places that think it is easier to make pictures of mimosas and serve it that way. There is nothing finer than orange juice and champagne in a *gasp, call me crazy* champagne glass. Mimosas are like a little burst of sunshine on my sundays, and when you cloud them with ice cubes and pint glasses- it makes me sad.


As I read this post, I am a little nervous that I am writing about the weather. I mean, my dad loves the weather channel and can spend hours watching it...and as much as I love him, I so do not want to be come one of those people who spend their days talking about hurricanes and the ten day forecast in the rainiest city in the lower 48. I won't worry for now unless I start to see a pattern of weather related mo stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment